1. Download and install : http://www.windows8downloads.com/win8-dosbox-auifqjbh/
2. Download the Turbo C++ files: http://www.windows8downloads.com/win8-turbo-c–edqfuffj/
3. Create a folder, for example „Turbo“ (c:\Turbo\)
4. Extract Turbo C++ into the Turbo folder (c:\Turbo\)
5. Run the DOSBox from the icon located on the desktop and type the following commands at the command prompt [Z]: mount d c:\Turbo\
Now you should get a message which says: Drive D is mounted as a local directory c:\Turbo\
6. Type d: to shift to Drive D
7. To run the install type: install.exe and press 2x Enter
8. Enter the Source drive: D and press Enter to continue
9. Enter the Source path: \ and press Enter to continue
10. In directories specify where Turbo C files are copied. E.g. D:\TC . When done go to start installation and press Enter
11. Successful installation – press any key to continue to view readme file
12. Successful installation – to exit press [ESC] and close DOSBox. Installation of Turbo C++ is done
Start TurboC++ in the DOSBox automatically:
1. For DOSBox versions older than 0.73 browse into program installation folder and open the “dosbox.conf” file in any text editor. For version 0.74 go to Metro (press key [WIN]) and click on “DOSBox 0.74 options“.
2. Scroll down to the very end, and add the lines in the picture, save, close and run DOSBox now.
3. Automatically mount and start Turbo C++3.0 in DOSBox
Full screen: press [Alt] + [Enter]
When you exit from the DOSBox [precisely when you unmount the virtual drive where Turbo C++ 3.0 has been mounted] all the files you have saved or made changes in Turbo C++ 3.0 will be copied into the source directory (the directory which contains TC folder)
Don’t use shortcut keys to perform operations in TC because they might be a shortcut key for DOSBox also. E.g. [Ctrl]+[F9] will exit DOSBOX rather running the code.
How to use [Ctrl]+[F9] (“Run”) without closing down DOSBox
1. press [ctrl]+[F1] while running Turbo C++ to view/change the mapper commands.
2. click on “ShutDown”,
3. then (click) on “del”,
4. then (click) “add”
5. and then press “q” on your keyboard. Then click “mod1″ in the lower left corner to close DOSBox with [ctrl]+[q]
6. click on “save”
Now you can use [ctrl]+[F9] in Turbo C++ as usual and [crtl]+[q] to close DOSBox.
You can do the same with [ctrl]+[F1] (for topic search) by clicking on “mapper” and changing the command as described above.
To reset the mapping, just run the “Reset KeyMapper”-file in the DOSBox folder.